If you’re new to party plan or direct selling, I’ve got some quick tips to rock your parties or events. These tips are easy to apply, won’t break the bank and will make a difference in your business.
- Make invitations super easy
It’s important to help the host invite guests. You want your host to succeed so she can enjoy host rewards and you meet lots of new guests and make sales. To help your host do this, you can use the Shuffle app, for example. For more information on Shuffle, please see this article. Of course, old fashioned paper invites or a pretty email for forwarding will work great too.
- Looks matter
With a little bit of attention your displays will look great, even if arranging a display is not your strong point. Some quick ideas:
- Put ribbons around any towels or cloths that you might be using
- Float some beautiful flowers in a pretty bowl for a luxurious spa feel
- Add some candles to your display
- If you don’t have a company table cloth, use a neat black tablecloth. It looks stylish and professional and won’t clash with anything
- Make sure you devote some space to the business opportunity
- Also make some space to display incentives or information to encourage further bookings with you
- For displaying information sheets or opportunity posters, a pretty frame is essential
- Get yourself some stack display stands for small products (in a pinch you can use a cake stand to get some height)
- Don’t overload the display. Less is more.
- Music maestro!
You can play spa-style music or perhaps something upbeat and motivational. The kind of music you play really depends on your product or style of event. Think about the mood you want to set and choose some music accordingly. Silence can be especially difficult if you’re a new consultant so the music is not just to set a mood, but also to put you at ease.
- Guess who?
Use people’s names. You can use name tags or use these strategies to remember people’s names. By using names you show that you’re interested and that you care.
- After sales
The party is over. The orders are in. But you’re not done yet!
- Have a think about what you can do to wow them with something unexpected
- Send the guests a thank-you card or message (SMS, or shuffle)
- Put thank-you stickers on the receipt or delivery bag or put in a thank-you note
- Add a little seasonal treat such as Christmas candy canes or Easter eggs to the order
These are very quick tips but the point is that they’re cheap, easy and effective. Most of you probably already apply these in your business! I’m curious what quick tips (cheap, easy, effective) would you give a new consultant?