Do the 5 to keep recruiting alive
The number 5 is very important when it comes to recruiting or sponsoring in you direct sales or party plan business.
Why? There are 2 reasons:
5 Sponsoring Messages
How many times do you mention the career opportunity at your parties?
Research into learning and human behavior has found that people need to hear something 5 times before it sinks in!
Do you know what that means? If you only mention the business opportunity once in your direct selling party, the same guests would have to attend 5 of your parties before your recruiting message truly sinks in. Think about that for a moment….
You want to aim for at least 5 mentions (in different ways, you don’t want to sound like a broken record) throughout a party. Read this article on how to do that.
There’s another reason why the number 5 is important: there are 5 fundamentals that you need to have in place so you can become an effective recruiter or sponsor.
5 Sponsoring Fundamentals
- Fill your diary with party bookings. If you’re worried about not getting enough party bookings, you’ll probably feel anxious about another consultant in your area. On the flip side, when you’re confident that you can always fill your diary with parties, you’ll be happy to sponsor a new team member!
I’ve got some tips on how to keep your party bookings ticking over here and here.
- Make sure your parties are always fun. You’ll attract more people to your team if they see how much fun the parties are to attend and how much fun you’re having running them. This means changing things up with different themes and games to keep yourself and your guests entertained and wanting to try new things.
- What do you love about your company? The more passionate you are about what you sell, the company values, and the difference you can make in people’s lives, the easier it ill be to attract new team members.
- Always keep in mind that people come to this industry for different reasons. People might be interested in joining your team for a completely different reason than yours. Make sure you talk about a variety of benefits of being a direct sales consultant. That way you can appeal to a range of people.
The most common reasons people join a party plan or direct sales company are: to earn extra money, to make new friends, to learn new skills, to have fun, to qualify for discounted products, or flexibility to work around family or other commitments.
- When talking to a potential new team member, always keep in mind how the business would work for them. Find the ways your business can add value to their life. They might not want to build an empire but rather have a paying hobby. Or they might want to run their business in a very different way than you do – and you need to recognize this.
Direct sales and party plan businesses are incredibly flexible and can be run in a variety of different ways. The important thing is that you can help them make it the best side hustle for them!
A tacky little catchphrase that I kept in mind when I was working to make recruiting a habit in my business was: “Do the 5 to keep recruiting alive”. Feel free to steal it
If you want to dive deeper into recruiting or sponsoring, check out my free Recruiting Mini Course. Hit the button below to sign up (no credit card required).